This Irritable Bowel Syndrome website is run by a group of ordinary friends who are living with IBS every day, and are having their lives severely restricted because of IBS and the suffering it causes. We know that so many others, all over the world, are enduring exactly the same as us.
Our message is simple, positive, and is of hope and reassurance.
This Website and You
As the people who run IBS-Life.com, we know that IBS can dominate every aspect of our lives and can seem excessively restrictive to those who do not suffer with it, or understand it fully.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome has many different manifestations, and none of them are pleasant. It can also be very painful, which causes the sufferer to worry all the more.
Through this website we share our experiences of trying to cope with IBS on a daily basis, and we discuss the changes we have been forced to make due to them.
We talk frankly about the knock-on effects of living with irritable bowel syndrome including thing like a lack of self esteem, low confidence, anger, depression, and the feeling of entrapment, and we try to offer some positive solutions.
Let’s face it, none of us want to tailor our lives around our stomachs or the availability of the nearest restroom, or to have the things we once took for granted curtailed, yet all too often we feel forced to do this, to feel safe and in control.
This website is our humble offering and hand of friendship to those who have their lives blighted by IBS Symptoms.
Join us as we journey through life living with IBS, each day expanding our knowledge as we learn that despite it being an inconvenience, with the right approach and some simple self-help actions, irritable bowel syndrome does not have to take over your life.
- Description of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- A Description of Irritable Bowel Syndrome written by people who actually suffer from the condition and have to live with it on a daily basis.
- Living with IBS
- Living with IBS can be awkward and stressful, if we let it be that way. However a few simple changes to your lifestyle can make a world of difference.
- IBS Tips and Ideas for Every Day Living
- This is a growing list of IBS tips and ideas that will help IBS sufferers cope and deal with normal everyday issues that can sometimes seem debilitating.
- The best treatment for IBS, a definitive list.
- There is no one treatment for IBS, although medications are available to treat it. Dietary changes and psychological exercises can also be of help in alleviating IBS.
- Meditation Audio Recordings Cured My IBS Anxiety
- Rick explains why he thinks meditation audio may be the Holy Grail answer to dealing with IBS anxiety symptoms!
- Looking for Cures For IBS? How I Eliminated IBS For a Month!
- In my search to find cures for IBS, I tried this simple experiment for one month, and it worked! This is my IBS Cure.
- Submit Your IBS Questions here
- Have your IBS questions discussed and answered in one of our up-coming IBS podcasts
- IBS Podcasts, Video and other Multimedia Downloads.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome – listen to our IBS Podcasts all about living with the condition. We also have videos and relaxation music for you to download.
- Personal IBS Stories submitted by friends and visitors
- A growing collection of IBS stories contributed by IBS sufferers from all over the globe. Tell us your IBS story!
- IBS Self Help can benefit you..
- IBS Self Help is possible and can be achieved by changing your diet and many other ways.
- A good Diet for IBS
- The best kind of Diet for IBS are things that are light on your digestive system, avoid those Chillies.
- Free ebooks for IBS sufferers
- We are building a library of free ebooks that will provide the irritable bowel syndrome sufferer with a wealth of information and knowledge to help them keep IBS under control.
- Travelling with IBS – Rick’s Van
- As a sufferer, travelling with IBS was an extremely stressful thing. For every journey I would have to map out the entire route with military precision.
- Meet the team
- Meet the team behind the IBS-Life.com website, Sian, Kev and Rick, who are all living with IBS, and update the website regularly with useful resources.
- IBS e-zine – Sign up now for our totally free online magazine.
- Get IBS news, tips and ideas by subscribing to our FREE bi-monthly e-zine
- Our IBS Resources Page
- Our Resources page features some excellent links to other websites that may offer extra advice for sufferers of IBS.
- Contact the team at IBS-Life.com
- For any and all enquiries regarding IBS-Life.com please use this contact page
- Sitemap of the IBS-Life.com website
- Period Pain and IBS is very common for some women
- Many women who suffer period pain liken the pain of Irritable Bowel Syndrome to period cramps. Diarrhea and heavy periods are very common.
- Ginger Root can help aid the symptoms of IBS
- Ginger Root is used as a natural remedy for anything from mild indigestion to severe nausea and cramping which makes it ideal to try for some sufferers of IBS.
- The Coolness of Peppermint Oil can help Alleviate IBS Symptoms.
- peppermint oil used as a treatment for ibs can be helpful in alleviating some of the symptoms and help soothe the stomach and intestines.
- Seeing your doctor about IBS and what to expect.
- Seeing your Doctor about Irritable Bowel Syndrome for the first time can be awkward for some people due to feeling embarrassed, afraid or both.
- Stress and IBS -There is rarely one without the other.
- Stress and IBS are two conditions that are very closely linked . After any kind of upset or shock, I can count down the time to when an attack of IBS would hit me.
- My First Christmas with an IBS Sufferer
- Christmas is the time of the year when it’s traditional to go visiting friends and family but for an IBS sufferer it can prove to be a very stressful time.
- Depression and IBS Can Often Co-exist
- IBS can cause depression in many sufferers. You may have suffered from it before your IBS, or the pain, limitations and embarrassment may be the cause.
- Loneliness From The Point of View of an IBS Sufferer.
- The loneliness of some-one suffering from IBS can be both mental and physical, as we limit our social activities and withdraw from social engagements that most people take for granted.
- Nausea is a Common Symptom of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Nausea and the cramps, diarrhea or constipation of Irritable Bowel Syndrome can be one of the most miserable experiences
- Levator Ani Syndrome and IBS : My Story
- I have a condition called Levator Ani Syndrome. It is a condition which makes my struggle with IBS even worse.
- Urinary Tract Infections And Their Relation To IBS
- Urinary tract infections are both irritating and agonizing and they seem to have a connection with Irritable bowel syndrome for some women sufferers.
- My Holiday In Ibiza Without My Partner Who Suffers From IBS
- My holiday to Ibiza would have been much more enjoyable with my partner Sian but IBS prevented her coming along.
- What Clothes are best for IBS sufferers
- Trying to find comfortable clothes to wear for the IBS sufferer can be really awkward, especially if you have to wear a uniform or tight and smart outfits.
- Good communication with your Doctor regarding IBS
- Proper communication with your doctor is important so that you can get the best advice to help with your IBS symptoms.
- IBS Help And Tips From Fellow Sufferers
- A page where IBS sufferers offer help, practical tips and coping methods to fellow sufferers. IBS help at its best – from the voices of experience!
- Search the IBS-Life.com Website
- From here you can search for any articles or information on the IBS-Life.com website using keywords
- Levator Ani Syndrome – Spasms, Anxiety and Meditation
- It seems many of the people writing about Levator Ani Syndrome spasms seem to have one thing in common; they are very anxious…
- The Beck Depression Scale and Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- The Beck Depression Scale is used to help diagnose levels of depression. Do you think you may have depression caused by IBS?
- Irritable Bladder and IBS
- Irritable Bladder and Irritable Bowel Syndrome sufferers may wonder if there is a link between the two
- Lactose Intolerance and Irritable Bowel Syndrome similarites
- Lactose intolerance can sometimes be mistaken for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Symptoms can range from mild to acute depending on how much dairy is included in your diet.
- High Fiber Foods May Help Both Constipation And Diarrhea In IBS Sufferers
- High fiber foods can benefit IBS sufferers, both those who suffer constipation and diarrhea
- Sophie’s Story – IBS-Life.com book review
- Sophie’s Story, by Sophie Lee is a true life story of her struggle with IBS. We recently received a copy of her book and made a review on our website.
- Causes-of-Social-Anxiety-Disorder Can Contribute To The Stress of IBS
- The Causes-of-Social-Anxiety-Disorder are many and complicated, and can add to, or cause IBS.
SEO London Responsible for the Seo on this Site